Communications AssistantThe Community Library in Sunbury, Ohio is seeking a creative, innovative, and collaborative individual to assist the library in sharing our message with the community. Applicants must demonstrate a strong proficiency with the English language. Copy writing and editing experience is highly desirable. Individual must be committed to exceptional public service.
Assists with a variety of duties related to the public relations, marketing, and communications of the library in the community.
- Receives oral or written instructions from the Director of Communications.
- Establishes priority of tasks.
- Proofreads and edits graphics materials and other documents for accuracy prior to printing.
- Monitors communication activities to assist in meeting established deadlines.
- Assists with writing, editing and production of copy for a variety of marketing purposes including posters and flyers, brochures and publications, both print and electronic.
- Performs routine library services.
- Performs additional duties as assigned.
- Attends staff meetings and may participate in community and professional library organizations.
- High school diploma or G.E.D.
- Bachelor's Degree in a field consistent with the responsibility of the position or equivalent experience highly preferred.
- Ability to work effectively with library staff and patrons.
- Ability to effectively communicate ideas and information to staff and patrons.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral or schedule form.
- Ability to acquire skills to operate computer applications related to responsibilities.
Receives general supervision from the Director of Communications.
Must be able to work two evenings a week and two Saturdays a month.
- Compensation commensurate with experience and education.
- 40 hours a week.
- Health, dental, and vision benefits available.
- Paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays.