Meeting Room Policy
Community Library's mission is to provide welcoming environments for all to pursue knowledge and cultivate interests. To that end, the library makes its meeting rooms available to our community for educational, intellectual, cultural, and charitable activities. The library does not advocate or endorse the viewpoints of meetings or meeting room users.
Following are the guidelines for using the library meeting room.
- The Community Library meeting room may be scheduled when it is not being used for library programming. The meeting room can accommodate no more than 50 attendees.
- Entrance fees/admission charges are prohibited. Fundraising, solicitations, or the sale of goods and services are not permitted unless sponsored by the library, by Community Library Friends, or an agency partnering with the library.
- An adult who is at least 18 years of age with an active Community Library account must complete the Application for Meeting Room Use Form and return it to the library. A deposit of $15 is required against damages or failure to clean the room. Additional payment may be required for any damage or loss of library property, and a fee for janitorial service may be assessed if the room is not left in the condition in which it was found. If the room is left as it was found, the deposit will be returned. An adult must be present the entire time the room is in use. The library is not liable for injuries to people or damage to property of organizations using the room.
- Cancellation of the reservation must be made 24 hours in advance. Failure to cancel may result in a forfeiture of deposit and denial of future use of facilities.
- Permission to use the meeting room does not imply the Community Library Board of Trustees supports the event. The library's name and address should not be used as the official address or headquarters of a scheduling organization. Any publicity or marketing materials must include the disclaimer, "This event is not sponsored or endorsed by Community Library." Copies of all publicity of events to be held in the meeting room should be provided to the library prior to publication.
- No hazardous materials such as flammable liquids, fuels, adhesives, etc., are permitted in the meeting room.
- All people attending the event must comply with the library Code of Conduct. Anyone interrupting the normal library functions by abusing the Code of Conduct will be asked to leave the premises.
- The reserving group is responsible for setting up the room and returning the room to original set-up when finished. All trash is to be taken from the room as instructed.
- The meeting room is available during library hours unless an after-hours meeting has been approved by library staff. If the meeting is to extend beyond normal hours, the adult reserving the room is to check the restrooms, kitchenette, and meeting room, turn off lights as instructed, and secure the front door.
- If the library must close due to unforeseen circumstances, all efforts will be made to notify groups scheduled to use the meeting room. It is the responsibility of the group to notify its members. Rescheduling the event in the meeting room will be determined by the library calendar.
Click here for an application or ask at the desk.