Organizes and shelves library materials, applies acquired knowledge to help patrons locate materials, and helps prepare the library facilities for program use.
• Sorts and shelves library materials in proper order.
• Reads shelves to assure materials are in proper order.
• Answers directional questions.
• Assists in preparing spaces for activities as needed.
• Assists at circulation desk when needed.
• Dusting and cleaning of shelves.
• Performs additional duties as assigned.
• Meets the minimum age requirements under State and Federal regulations.
• Ability to follow written and oral instructions.
• Ability to learn the Dewey Decimal system and other library filing systems.
• Ability to push and pull library book trucks weighing 100-300 lbs.
• Carry up to 15 lbs. of books across the library.
• Stand for a long time in one area.
• Bend and stretch to reach high and low shelves.
• Must be available at least 12 hours per week.
• Must be able to work at least three shifts a week.
• Saturday availability desired.
Receives general supervision from the Youth Services Director and task direction from shift supervisor.
Salary: $10.30 per hour
To apply, please fill out the General Application. Applications received prior to May 25 at 5:00pm will receive first consideration.